Last year I was lucky enough to get on to the GDS Data Science Accelerator. On this scheme participants offer their enthusiasm to learn data science and their time to work on a project of potential value to their departments. …
David Lee, who heads up with food and trade statistics team in Defra, spoke to us at our Unconference about the need for a coherent data community in Defra.
This week we have published a collection of datasets from the National Food Survey from 1974-2000, as open data. This rich data collection is comprised of food diary records from approximately 150,000 households across the 70s, 80s and 90s, who were …
Our team is making progress towards publishing Family Food Data for 1974-2000. We have put together all the data and supporting reference tables into tab separated format. The next challenge we face is to make sure the data is safe …
Last night the Secretary of State for Environment, Elizabeth Truss, launched Great British Food: a five year campaign celebrating British food in this country and around the world, tearing down outdated stereotypes about a bland British diet and showing off the …
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- Metadata: a thin line between love and hate 15 September 2020
- Climate change: are ICT and digital services part of the solution or the problem? 10 September 2020
- 'A great place to come to, and a great place to move on from': the delicate act of balancing talent acquisition with retention 2 September 2020
- Harnessing the power of PowerApps 14 August 2020
- Hooked: how automation is making it easier to renew your rod licence 11 August 2020