How can we use data, now and in the future? What are emerging technologies and what are their potential uses and impacts? A Defra-Royal Society panel debate asked these and other questions recently.
Emily Dowdeswell, PhD Intern, Defra Chief Scientist's Office
Earth Observation technologies help us to understand how our actions affect our environment and are key to delivering better services through smarter use of data.
On a recent visit to Ordnance Survey (OS) I learned about the diversity of geospatial data and innovation OS undertakes. OS was born in 1791 under the ambition of creating a superior map of Britain. While world-famous for their paper …
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- From crunching numbers to making a real difference to people’s lives 21 December 2020
- Rod licences, waste exemptions and mass working from home – a year like no other 15 December 2020
- Sharing the parental burden has been such a joy 19 November 2020
- Let’s talk about……how we’re feeling 2 November 2020
- Waste carriers: don’t call us, we’ll email you 19 October 2020