How can we use data, now and in the future? What are emerging technologies and what are their potential uses and impacts? A Defra-Royal Society panel debate asked these and other questions recently.
Emily Dowdeswell, PhD Intern, Defra Chief Scientist's Office
Earth Observation technologies help us to understand how our actions affect our environment and are key to delivering better services through smarter use of data.
On a recent visit to Ordnance Survey (OS) I learned about the diversity of geospatial data and innovation OS undertakes. OS was born in 1791 under the ambition of creating a superior map of Britain. While world-famous for their paper …
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- Metadata: a thin line between love and hate 15 September 2020
- Climate change: are ICT and digital services part of the solution or the problem? 10 September 2020
- 'A great place to come to, and a great place to move on from': the delicate act of balancing talent acquisition with retention 2 September 2020
- Harnessing the power of PowerApps 14 August 2020
- Hooked: how automation is making it easier to renew your rod licence 11 August 2020