How can we use data, now and in the future? What are emerging technologies and what are their potential uses and impacts? A Defra-Royal Society panel debate asked these and other questions recently.
Emily Dowdeswell, PhD Intern, Defra Chief Scientist's Office
Earth Observation technologies help us to understand how our actions affect our environment and are key to delivering better services through smarter use of data.
On a recent visit to Ordnance Survey (OS) I learned about the diversity of geospatial data and innovation OS undertakes. OS was born in 1791 under the ambition of creating a superior map of Britain. While world-famous for their paper …
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- Online recruitment, working remotely and yet to meet our team-mates 16 September 2021
- Building a team to design Defra services 6 September 2021
- Waste not, want not: How Digital is playing a key role in waste reforms 1 September 2021
- User Research – what’s it all about? 24 August 2021
- Radar – more than just wave detection 5 August 2021