Tony Riggs explains how our Technology Innovation team has done some innovative work recently to monitor the effects of trees at absorbing carbon dioxide, and on using high performance compute (HPC) technology for speeding up flood modelling, work which has received industry recognition.
Defra’s technology innovation team recently released their 2021 Emerging Technology Radar. Tony Riggs, who leads the team, explains how it tells us a lot about the challenges and opportunities facing the Defra group, and the emerging technologies that could impact on these.
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- A Document Management Service fit for the future 29 November 2021
- Celebrating success with our Technology Innovation team 23 November 2021
- All in a day’s work: the life of a Delivery Manager in Defra Digital 10 November 2021
- Email alerts – helping water abstractors do their bit for climate change 7 November 2021
- Maintaining quality of food imports on this World Food Day 16 October 2021