Getting content into plain English isn't an art, it's a process.
Would you read government guidance if you didn't have to? "Of course not," says the average citizen. That's why every new page that the Smarter Guidance team creates has to have a user need. If there's no need for someone …
The Smarter Guidance team has been working to make content smarter -- make it more readable and clearer for users. But how do we measure if we've been successful? I've devised one way and while it'll take more than a …
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- Joining up the journey for fresh produce exporters 30 July 2021
- Passing the ‘GDS test’ feels like such an achievement 23 July 2021
- Building a new, modern and user focused digital service for plant exports 8 July 2021
- Automating for the people 2 July 2021
- A decade of progress for the Government Sustainable ICT Project 28 June 2021