Defra deals in data. And lots of it. A big part of the department’s job is to collect, process and, through careful service design, convert data into something useful for citizens, businesses and other agencies.
Michael Lyons, the Environment Agency
Flood Information Service, Digital design team
The Warrington-based flood digital team recently organised its first hack. Over two days #Floodhack2018 aimed to develop, build and test a product concept that could sit within the flood information service. If you’ve not heard of hacks, they’re dedicated problem-solving …
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- Online recruitment, working remotely and yet to meet our team-mates 16 September 2021
- Building a team to design Defra services 6 September 2021
- Waste not, want not: How Digital is playing a key role in waste reforms 1 September 2021
- User Research – what’s it all about? 24 August 2021
- Radar – more than just wave detection 5 August 2021