Defra deals in data. And lots of it. A big part of the department’s job is to collect, process and, through careful service design, convert data into something useful for citizens, businesses and other agencies.
Michael Lyons, the Environment Agency
Flood Information Service, Digital design team
The Warrington-based flood digital team recently organised its first hack. Over two days #Floodhack2018 aimed to develop, build and test a product concept that could sit within the flood information service. If you’ve not heard of hacks, they’re dedicated problem-solving …
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- Waste carriers: don’t call us, we’ll email you 19 October 2020
- Fitting my work around my life: why flexible working works so well for digital professionals 12 October 2020
- Staying Cyber Aware: The 10 steps to cyber security – how are we doing it? 1 October 2020
- Metadata: a thin line between love and hate 15 September 2020
- Climate change: are ICT and digital services part of the solution or the problem? 10 September 2020