A blog from James Cattell about being inducted to the Defra Digital team and his thoughts on comparing this to a traditional organisation induction.
Build a community in the Department for Environment, Food and Rural affairs (Defra) for data professionals? Our survey said…. X
As the Rio Olympics finish (congratulations, Hollie Webb) we continue to sprint...[there's a joke in there –Ed.] Let's hear it for @HollieWebb1 from @DefraGovUK, winning goal scorer in #Rio2016 hockey - fab! @HeadUKCivServ @andrealeadsom @theresecoffey — Clare Moriarty (@ClareMoriarty) August …
Our boss told us to get out of London, so we visited Cefas - the Centre for Environment Fisheries and Aquaculture Science - in Weymouth.
So we decided to put some structure around our work. We chose to do weekly sprints of focused delivery in #teamhack.
We spent 12 months trying to publish 8000 new open datasets which was fun and stressful. We had decided whatever the outcome, we would set aside time to reflect and re-energise – a 'firebreak'. This was also a chance to unpick …
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- All I need is the air that I breathe 16 March 2021
- From a career in TV to life in the fast (stream) lane! 3 March 2021
- A little kindness goes a long way 17 February 2021
- From crunching numbers to making a real difference to people’s lives 21 December 2020
- Rod licences, waste exemptions and mass working from home – a year like no other 15 December 2020