A blog from James Cattell about being inducted to the Defra Digital team and his thoughts on comparing this to a traditional organisation induction.
Build a community in the Department for Environment, Food and Rural affairs (Defra) for data professionals? Our survey said…. X
As the Rio Olympics finish (congratulations, Hollie Webb) we continue to sprint...[there's a joke in there –Ed.] Let's hear it for @HollieWebb1 from @DefraGovUK, winning goal scorer in #Rio2016 hockey - fab! @HeadUKCivServ @andrealeadsom @theresecoffey — Clare Moriarty (@ClareMoriarty) August …
Our boss told us to get out of London, so we visited Cefas - the Centre for Environment Fisheries and Aquaculture Science - in Weymouth.
So we decided to put some structure around our work. We chose to do weekly sprints of focused delivery in #teamhack.
We spent 12 months trying to publish 8000 new open datasets which was fun and stressful. We had decided whatever the outcome, we would set aside time to reflect and re-energise – a 'firebreak'. This was also a chance to unpick …
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- Online recruitment, working remotely and yet to meet our team-mates 16 September 2021
- Building a team to design Defra services 6 September 2021
- Waste not, want not: How Digital is playing a key role in waste reforms 1 September 2021
- User Research – what’s it all about? 24 August 2021
- Radar – more than just wave detection 5 August 2021