A blog from James Cattell about being inducted to the Defra Digital team and his thoughts on comparing this to a traditional organisation induction.
Build a community in the Department for Environment, Food and Rural affairs (Defra) for data professionals? Our survey said…. X
As the Rio Olympics finish (congratulations, Hollie Webb) we continue to sprint...[there's a joke in there –Ed.] Let's hear it for @HollieWebb1 from @DefraGovUK, winning goal scorer in #Rio2016 hockey - fab! @HeadUKCivServ @andrealeadsom @theresecoffey — Clare Moriarty (@ClareMoriarty) August …
Our boss told us to get out of London, so we visited Cefas - the Centre for Environment Fisheries and Aquaculture Science - in Weymouth.
So we decided to put some structure around our work. We chose to do weekly sprints of focused delivery in #teamhack.
We spent 12 months trying to publish 8000 new open datasets which was fun and stressful. We had decided whatever the outcome, we would set aside time to reflect and re-energise – a 'firebreak'. This was also a chance to unpick …
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- Waste carriers: don’t call us, we’ll email you 19 October 2020
- Fitting my work around my life: why flexible working works so well for digital professionals 12 October 2020
- Staying Cyber Aware: The 10 steps to cyber security – how are we doing it? 1 October 2020
- Metadata: a thin line between love and hate 15 September 2020
- Climate change: are ICT and digital services part of the solution or the problem? 10 September 2020