Chris Howes (Defra group Chief Digital and Information Officer) reflects on the Sustainable Technology Annual Report (published 9 October 2019).
Chris Howes, Chief Digital and Information Officer
Chris Howes is Defra group Chief Digital and Information Officer.
Chris is also the Senior Responsible Officer for the cross-government Green ICT Delivery Unit which sets out how departments and their agencies can deliver sustainable digital and ICT services. He has a background in sustainable technology and was previously an ISO 14001 assessor and an EU Eco-Management and Audit Scheme Verifier.
The UnITy programme has been set up to oversee the expiry of two large ICT contracts with IBM and Capgemini and replace them with a number of smaller contracts. Defra's UnITy Programme has now launched its biggest procurement so far - for Defra’s hosting and application support services.
Printing from any device in any office, for us and for any guests working with us, has felt in the past like a pipe dream.
Through the UnITy programme, Defra is in search of new contracts and innovative ICT solutions to replace its current ICT services.
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- From crunching numbers to making a real difference to people’s lives 21 December 2020
- Rod licences, waste exemptions and mass working from home – a year like no other 15 December 2020
- Sharing the parental burden has been such a joy 19 November 2020
- Let’s talk about……how we’re feeling 2 November 2020
- Waste carriers: don’t call us, we’ll email you 19 October 2020