A few weeks ago, we were invited to speak at an internal event for managers in one part of Defra. The subject of our talk was "What are digital skills, and how do we develop them?" We think that good …
Colin Banno-Thornton leads the Integrated Platform teams in Defra
Like many other government organisations, we have embraced the Service Manual, and we’re increasingly putting service design thinking and agile working methods at the heart of our approach to delivery. It’s change, and change for the better.
I want to talk about the subtle shift in communication approach within teams. Effective digital teams are good at trust and openness. It takes time to build behaviours like these, but I think they’re essential if you want your team …
Our job is help Defra deliver good digital services, mainly by supporting the teams that do the delivering. In this post, I'm going to explain how we think, what we do, and how we work.
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- From crunching numbers to making a real difference to people’s lives 21 December 2020
- Rod licences, waste exemptions and mass working from home – a year like no other 15 December 2020
- Sharing the parental burden has been such a joy 19 November 2020
- Let’s talk about……how we’re feeling 2 November 2020
- Waste carriers: don’t call us, we’ll email you 19 October 2020