A few weeks ago, we were invited to speak at an internal event for managers in one part of Defra. The subject of our talk was "What are digital skills, and how do we develop them?" We think that good …
Colin Banno-Thornton leads the Integrated Platform teams in Defra
Like many other government organisations, we have embraced the Service Manual, and we’re increasingly putting service design thinking and agile working methods at the heart of our approach to delivery. It’s change, and change for the better.
I want to talk about the subtle shift in communication approach within teams. Effective digital teams are good at trust and openness. It takes time to build behaviours like these, but I think they’re essential if you want your team …
Our job is help Defra deliver good digital services, mainly by supporting the teams that do the delivering. In this post, I'm going to explain how we think, what we do, and how we work.
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- Designing a more accessible flood map 20 May 2021
- Mapping valuable lessons for the future 14 May 2021
- IT service design for Defra analysts 7 May 2021
- All I need is the air that I breathe 16 March 2021
- From a career in TV to life in the fast (stream) lane! 3 March 2021