A few weeks ago, we were invited to speak at an internal event for managers in one part of Defra. The subject of our talk was "What are digital skills, and how do we develop them?" We think that good …
Colin Banno-Thornton leads the Integrated Platform teams in Defra
Like many other government organisations, we have embraced the Service Manual, and we’re increasingly putting service design thinking and agile working methods at the heart of our approach to delivery. It’s change, and change for the better.
I want to talk about the subtle shift in communication approach within teams. Effective digital teams are good at trust and openness. It takes time to build behaviours like these, but I think they’re essential if you want your team …
Our job is help Defra deliver good digital services, mainly by supporting the teams that do the delivering. In this post, I'm going to explain how we think, what we do, and how we work.
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- Content is for everyone: how we’re making Defra’s GOV.UK webpages accessible to all 21 May 2020
- Learning in lockdown: moving L&D online 18 May 2020
- Reducing food waste is not a waste of time 29 April 2020
- Never let good news go to waste 24 April 2020
- Coronavirus: living alone and working from home in lockdown 17 April 2020