Defra group has the potential to simplify its access to satellite data and transform how we monitor and manage the UK’s landscape.
Gwawr Jones, Earth Observation Specialist, JNCC
A week ago today I was lucky enough to attend the Sentinel-2B satellite launch event held at European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) in Darmstadt, Germany.
Now that four of the European Space Agency’s Sentinel satellites are operational (Sentinel-1 a and b, Sentinel-2a, Sentinel-3a), there is a huge opportunity for Defra, along with many other UK government departments and organisations.
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- From crunching numbers to making a real difference to people’s lives 21 December 2020
- Rod licences, waste exemptions and mass working from home – a year like no other 15 December 2020
- Sharing the parental burden has been such a joy 19 November 2020
- Let’s talk about……how we’re feeling 2 November 2020
- Waste carriers: don’t call us, we’ll email you 19 October 2020