Defra group has the potential to simplify its access to satellite data and transform how we monitor and manage the UK’s landscape.
Gwawr Jones, Earth Observation Specialist, JNCC
A week ago today I was lucky enough to attend the Sentinel-2B satellite launch event held at European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) in Darmstadt, Germany.
Now that four of the European Space Agency’s Sentinel satellites are operational (Sentinel-1 a and b, Sentinel-2a, Sentinel-3a), there is a huge opportunity for Defra, along with many other UK government departments and organisations.
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- Maintaining quality of food imports on this World Food Day 16 October 2021
- User panel is key to success for the waste tracking service 13 October 2021
- Celebrating Libraries Week with the Defra library team 30 September 2021
- Inclusion – more than just a word 27 September 2021
- Online recruitment, working remotely and yet to meet our team-mates 16 September 2021