Defra group has the potential to simplify its access to satellite data and transform how we monitor and manage the UK’s landscape.
Gwawr Jones, Earth Observation Specialist, JNCC
A week ago today I was lucky enough to attend the Sentinel-2B satellite launch event held at European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) in Darmstadt, Germany.
Now that four of the European Space Agency’s Sentinel satellites are operational (Sentinel-1 a and b, Sentinel-2a, Sentinel-3a), there is a huge opportunity for Defra, along with many other UK government departments and organisations.
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- Waste carriers: don’t call us, we’ll email you 19 October 2020
- Fitting my work around my life: why flexible working works so well for digital professionals 12 October 2020
- Staying Cyber Aware: The 10 steps to cyber security – how are we doing it? 1 October 2020
- Metadata: a thin line between love and hate 15 September 2020
- Climate change: are ICT and digital services part of the solution or the problem? 10 September 2020