Defra group has the potential to simplify its access to satellite data and transform how we monitor and manage the UK’s landscape.
Gwawr Jones, Earth Observation Specialist, JNCC
A week ago today I was lucky enough to attend the Sentinel-2B satellite launch event held at European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) in Darmstadt, Germany.
Now that four of the European Space Agency’s Sentinel satellites are operational (Sentinel-1 a and b, Sentinel-2a, Sentinel-3a), there is a huge opportunity for Defra, along with many other UK government departments and organisations.
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- ‘Business as usual’ for mandating Sustainable ICT 15 December 2021
- A Document Management Service fit for the future 29 November 2021
- Celebrating success with our Technology Innovation team 23 November 2021
- All in a day’s work: the life of a Delivery Manager in Defra Digital 10 November 2021
- Email alerts – helping water abstractors do their bit for climate change 7 November 2021