Defra group has the potential to simplify its access to satellite data and transform how we monitor and manage the UK’s landscape.
Gwawr Jones, Earth Observation Specialist, JNCC
A week ago today I was lucky enough to attend the Sentinel-2B satellite launch event held at European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) in Darmstadt, Germany.
Now that four of the European Space Agency’s Sentinel satellites are operational (Sentinel-1 a and b, Sentinel-2a, Sentinel-3a), there is a huge opportunity for Defra, along with many other UK government departments and organisations.
Related content and links
Defra digital: our story
This blog is about our experience of transforming Defra digital services and information.
- Making it easier to access and use earth observation data 18 June 2020
- Chloe in the community: a volunteer’s ‘lockdown’ story 5 June 2020
- Content is for everyone: how we’re making Defra’s GOV.UK webpages accessible to all 21 May 2020
- Learning in lockdown: moving L&D online 18 May 2020
- Reducing food waste is not a waste of time 29 April 2020